- 5 – 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup fresh corn off the cob, canned is ok too
- 1 chile pepper (hatch, Anaheim, or jalapeno pepper), seeds removed and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortilla strips, to serve
- a handful of pepitas, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- 1 medium avocado
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro stems removed/parsley works too!
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- ⅛ – ¼ cup water, + more as needed
Dressing: Combine the ingredients for the cilantro-lime dressing in a small blender or food processor (I used the Nutri-bullet). Blend until creamy stopping to scrape down the sides as needed every now and then, add extra water a little at a time as needed to thin. Taste for flavor adding anything extra. Pinch more salt? Pinch more cumin or squeeze of lime? Blend well.
Salad: Assemble your salad by adding the romaine lettuce to your serving dish, top with corn, red onion, chickpeas, tomatoes, cilantro. Lastly, add pepitas (pumpkin seeds), tortilla strips and a good drizzle of the dressing, and a squeeze of lime over top.
DIY tortilla strips: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees F. Brush 2 corn tortillas lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with a chili powder mix & mineral salt. Cut into thin strips, place on a baking sheet in a single layer, bake in the oven or toaster oven, rotating once, for about 10 – 12 minutes, until crisp and golden.)