By Darshana Thacker (Forks over Knives)
These satisfying wraps make a great portable meal. Wrap them tightly in waxed paper and stash in the refrigerator for a meal on the go. Mashed chickpeas serve as a luscious base for the veggies, and white miso paste adds a burst of flavor. Feel free to get creative and swap in your favorite in-season fresh vegetables.
Ingredients for Rainbow Veggie Slaw Wraps
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 3 cups shredded zucchini or yellow summer squash
- ½ cup shredded carrot ½ cup shredded radishes
- ½ cup snap pea pods, thinly sliced diagonally
- ½ cup chopped red onion or shallots
- ¼ cup finely snipped fresh dill
- l 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1½ teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 7- to 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 16 lettuce leaves, stemmed and cut into large pieces
Directions for Rainbow Veggie Slaw Wraps
- For slaw, in a large bowl mash chickpeas. Stir in the next nine ingredients (through garlic). Season with salt and pepper.
- In a dry skillet heat tortillas, one at a time, on both sides until warm. Remove and cover with a towel to keep warm.
- To assemble, arrange lettuce and spoon slaw onto each tortilla just below the center. Fold bottom edge of tortilla over filling. Fold in opposite sides; roll up tortilla.