15 Minute serves 6
- 1 can (15 oz) each) black beans, black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (12 oz) (341 ml) corn, , (don’t drain)
- 1 can (10 oz) (284 ml) mild chopped tomatoes with green chilies, ( I like Rotel Brand)
- 1/2 each red yellow and orange pepper, diced
- 1/3-1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3-1/2 cup cilantro, chopped and loosely packed
Southwestern Vinaigrette Dressing ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice ( approximately 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pickled jalapeño juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (not powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, whisk together the ingredients for the Southwestern Vinaigrette in a small bowl and set aside
- Now add the drained and rinsed beans and black-eyed peas to a large salad bowl along with the corn, tomatoes, and the chopped onions, veggies, and cilantro. Pour the vinaigrette dressing over the top.
- Mix well and serve right away or chill in the fridge for 30 minutes and give it a mix before serving.
Easy Peasy! Enjoy!
No comments yet.