- 8 ozs uncooked angel hair pasta
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain
- In a large cast-iron or another ovenproof skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper, and onion; saute until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil.
- Spread pasta evenly in the skillet to form a crust.
- Cook until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Turn crust onto a large plate.
- Reduce heat to medium; slide crust back into skillet.
- Top with pizza sauce, sauteed vegetables, and olives; sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes.
No comments yet.