Cabbage, Mushroom, Leek and Potato Tart
1 sheet puff pastry 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 medium-large yellow or red potatoes, boiled until tender, then peeled and sliced
1 leek, washed to remove all grit and sliced thinly
1 cup cabbage, shredded very thinly
4 portabella mushroom caps, coarsely chopped
2-3 cups of cheese sauce of your choice
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic, sauté’ for a few seconds until it just starts to turn color, then add the mushrooms, cabbage, and leeks.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender but not mushy. Turn off the heat.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet to fit into your tart pan. I used a rectangular tart pan that’s 12 inches by 8 inches, but a round pan would do just as well.
- Place the puff pastry into the tart pan and press into the sides, making sure it fits into all the corners and crevices. Prick the pastry sheet all over with the tines of a fork, which will keep it from puffing too much. Don’t remove any overhanging dough yet.
- Arrange the slices of potatoes in the bottom of the tart pan, then pour over the mushroom, cabbage, and leek mix.
- Finally, pour the cheese sauce all over.
- Place the tart pan in the preheated oven, preferably on a baking sheet, and bake 30-35 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden-brown and the filling is set.
- Let the tart stand 10 minutes before serving.
No comments yet.