Another great SUMMER Salad!
- 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup olives (I used a green/black mix)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped fine
- 2 ounces low fat feta
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place vegetable broth and quinoa in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil. Boil uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain in a fine metal colander.
- Rinse pot and bring two inches of water to a boil. Place quinoa in the metal colander over the water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- While quinoa is steaming, combine chopped spinach, tomato and lemon zest in a small boil.
- When quinoa is cooked, drain the water. Rinse the pot and return the quinoa to it. Add the spinach mixture and cover. Allow to sit covered for 5 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Add parsley and feta.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 T olive oil, 1 T balsamic vinegar and garlic. Toss with salad
Tags: eat vegetarian, go meatless, Greek Quinoa Salad, vegan, vegetarian recipes
No comments yet.