Buffalo Chickpea Tacos are a quick, easy and delicious meal ready in 20 minutes!
Vegan, gluten-free, and WFPB recipe.
Author: Julie | The Simple Veganista
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or 1 can (15oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons hot sauce (sriracha, Franks, etc.), or to taste
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ head cabbage (red or green), shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro (optional) Not for me Dr. C
- sour cream
- lime wedges, to serve
Spiced Chickpeas: In a small pan, combine the chickpeas, garlic + onion powder, cumin, paprika, tamari, and as much hot sauce to suit your taste. Warm chickpea mixture over medium heat until warmed through. Alternatively, warm the chickpeas in the microwave, using a microwave-safe bowl, for 45 – 60 seconds.
Warm the tortillas: I do this carefully on the stovetop over an open flame to give it some charring on the edges. Stack them on top of each other to keep them warm, you can also place them in a tortilla warmer.
Assemble: Layer each tortilla with buffalo chickpeas, avocado, cabbage, green onions, cilantro, and a drizzle of sour cream
Serves 3, two tacos per serving
Store: Leftover chickpea mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days, in a covered container.
Call to make an appointment: 517.627.4547
No comments yet.