- 1 tbsp coconut oil 1 large onion
- 1 small red chill 2 cloves garlic
- 2 inches fresh ginger 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp tomato puree 1 x 15ozs can chopped tomatoes
- ¾ c water 1 x 15ozs can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp mango chutney ¾ c hummus
- 2x Good handfuls baby spinach Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tsp chopped coriander
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Trim, halve, deseed and dice the chili
- Peel and grate the garlic and ginger.
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Start to cook. Warm the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions to the pan with a pinch of salt and stir for 4-5
- Add the chili, garlic, and ginger and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the spices to the pan and stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan, half-fill the can from the tomatoes
with the water and add that to the pan too, stir to combine and
simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the mango chutney and hummus and stir for 2-3 minutes to combine.
- Add the spinach and fold it into the pan until slightly wilted.
Taste the curry and season to perfection with salt and pepper. Serve it up! Prepare the rice according to instructions. Spoon the
rice into the bowls, then spoon curry over the rice. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve immediately.