Chiropractic is a natural healing art that recognizes the wisdom of nature. Nature makes a perfect food for baby for optimal brain and body development. It’s called breast milk and the advantages over anything else are many.
Benefits to baby:
- Breastfeeding protects against infections including meningitis, bacteremia, diarrhea, respiratory tract infection, necrotizing enterocolitis, otitis media, urinary tract infection and sepsis in pre-term infants.
- Breastfed babies have less Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (CRIB death).
- Breastfeeding is associated with better grades in high school.
- Breastfed babies have less diabetes, lymphoma, leukemia, Hodgkin disease, obesity and asthma.
- Breastfed babies show enhanced cognitive development.
Benefits to mother:
- Decreased postpartum bleeding
- Faster return to pre-pregnancy weight
- Natural child spacing/family planning
- Decreased risk of breast and ovarian cancer
- Decreased risk of hip fractures and osteoporosis after menopause
- Women in their 60s who breastfed were 10% less likely to develop heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke.