Another great Summer recipe. Visit the Grand Ledge Farmer’s Market for all your summer vegetables!
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling the grill
- 1 each red and yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and quartered
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick rings
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 2 yellow squash, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Oil grill grates, then preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Working in batches, grill peppers, onions, zucchini and squash, flipping once, until just charred in parts and tender, 6 to 8 minutes total
- Transfer to a large platter as done.
- Set aside to let cool before cutting into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine grilled vegetables, garlic, vinegar, oil, basil, chickpeas, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.