Substitute orzo or brown rice if you wish (use appropriate cooking time and water)
- 1 1/2 cup farro
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 zucchinis, trimmed, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2”
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls
For the dressing:
- 3 cups loosely packed basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts/walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- In a medium pot, combine the farro, water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until farro is cooked through and water has evaporated, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Toss together the Olive Oil,asparagus and zucchini in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and starting to brown. Remove from oven.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the cooked farro, roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella.
- To make the dressing, combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts and green curry paste in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until broken down into tiny pieces. With the mixture running, stream in the Vinegar and the Olive Oil.Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve warm or at room temperature.
Author: Eats Well With Others