ABSOLUTELY A NEW FAVE IN THE LANJOPOULOS FAMILY
- 1 head cauliflower (1 ½ lb/680g)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, melted (e.g. grapeseed, coconut)*
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bell pepper (orange or red)
- 1/3 cup purple onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- For garnish: Avocado, Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray/grease a large ovenproof skillet pan (e.g. 12” cast iron pan).
- Cut cauliflower into florets, then put them into a large bowl. Whisk melted coconut oil and hot sauce together. Pour over cauliflower and mix well. Add onion powder and paprika. Stir until evenly coated. Transfer spiced cauliflower to greased skillet pan. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip cauliflower and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Sprinkle bell pepper, purple onion, cheddar cheese, tomato pieces and jalapeno peppers on top of cauliflower. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top with chopped avocado and cilantro, then serve immediately.
*If using coconut oil for savory dishes, you may wish to opt for processed (deodorized) coconut oil. It doesn’t impart the same coconut scent.
**Reduce if you prefer things less spicy. You can always add more hot sauce at the end.