Bliss in a Dish
Dreena Burton’s Bliss in a Dish (Chickpea and Artichoke One-Pot Wonder) is a hearty and satisfying plant-based casserole. The recipe is a combination of all of our favorite wholesome ingredients, including chickpeas, artichokes, potatoes, tomatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, and olives, that are then tossed with a variety of herbs and baked to perfection. Bring your loved ones to the table with a dish that will fuel them with nutrients and show them how much you care.
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place potato cubes in a large pot of water. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower temperature to medium-low and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. (You can also steam potatoes)
- Transfer potatoes and other ingredients (except vinegar) into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place mixture in a large casserole dish and cover with foil. Cook 20 minutes then stir.
- Replace foil and cook an additional 20 minutes until potatoes are fully tender and other vegetables are soft.
- Add vinegar, stir, then bake an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot.