- 1.5 cups Sprouted Quinoa (Meijer carries this in the rice aisle)
- 2.5 cups mushrooms, diced
- 4 cups spinach, fresh
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cups organic marinara
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, full-fat
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
FOR THE TOP
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray your casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray (be generous!).
- Next, prep veggies by chopping the mushrooms and finely dicing the onions. Place the veggies (including the spinach) into the greased casserole dish.
- Next, add Sprouted Quinoa into the casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together all ingredients for the marinara mixture.
- Add the marinara mixture to the casserole dish. Use a large spoon to mix all ingredients together, making sure everything is (mostly) covered.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove and stir. It will still be a little soupy, but don’t worry this is how it’s supposed to be! Place back in oven for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove, add sliced tomatoes and mozzarella to the top and place it back in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh basil and a glass of red wine for best results