Chickpea Panzanella Salad
From Jessica in the Kitchen.com
3 main salads, 6-7 side servings
- 3 1/2 cups gluten free crusty bread, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cubed English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons basil, julienned
- 1 can (about 1 1/2 cups) cooked chickpeas, washed and drained
MUSTARD BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch salt and ground black pepper
MUSTARD BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette while the bread is toasting so that the mustard can emulsify.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Add the bread cubes to a silicone mat on a baking sheet or a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper or foil.
Drizzle the bread with the extra virgin olive oil and toss to ensure all the cubes are covered with oil.
Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, add the toasted bread, the cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumber cubes, chickpeas and basil. Toss until combined.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss again to combine.
Cover the salad and let sit for 30 minutes to up to an hour so that all the ingredients are completely soaked in and the flavors combined. Serve and enjoy!
No comments yet.