THIS IS TOTALLY YUMMY!!!!!
- 28 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1½ Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small bite-size chunks
- 2-3 Tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- toppings: chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, sour cream, avocado
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Make sauce by combining all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add jalapeño and sweet potatoes. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. The cook time will vary based on how big your sweet potato chunks are. Just be sure they are fully cooked and tender. Add black beans and baby spinach. Toss to combine and remove from heat.
- Grab a 9X13 baking dish, lightly grease and start layering ingredients for the bake. Place four tortillas over the bottom of the dish, add ⅓ of the enchilada sauce, ½ of black bean and sweet potato mixture and ½ of the cheese. Add 4 tortillas, ⅓ of sauce and ½ black bean and sweet potato mixture. Add 4 tortillas, ⅓ of the enchilada sauce and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 425° for about 20 minutes or until the top layer of cheese has melted and the bake is hot throughout.