- 4-6 Portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cups chopped spinach (frozen and defrosted spinach works nicely)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mushrooms and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- While mushrooms are cooking, prepare the stuffing.
- Sauté the diced onions in a bit of olive oil (or Pam) until translucent. Add the spinach, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and add the cooked quinoa. Stir to combine everything equally.
- Once mushrooms have finished roasting, remove from oven. Distribute the spinach mixture among them. Return to oven and bake at 375 for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Tip: for a different presentation, cook the mushrooms fully, then dice and toss with the spinach/quinoa mixture for a delicious warm quinoa salad.