Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. How many people suffering, on drugs, and facing a life of limitation could be helped by chiropractic care? Probably most of them.
Hearing loss and Speech Difficulty
A boy with mild to moderate hearing loss was falling behind in class. As a result, his speech was difficult to understand. MDs recommended tympanostomy (ear) tubes to be surgically inserted. The parent decided to see if chiropractic care would help.
The parents brought in their child for chiropractic care. Subluxations were located and corrected. After two adjustments his hearing deficits resolved In addition, his speech and school performance greatly improved.
Acid Reflux in a Two-Month-Old
A two-month-old baby had severe acid reflux and constipation since birth. Her pediatrician prescribed Prilosec for her acid reflux which did not help. The infant was unable to eat without spitting up, unable to sleep because of pain, and was visibly straining and in pain while trying to defecate.
The patient was brought in for chiropractic care. She had 12 chiropractic visits over 6 weeks. Her acid reflux, constipation, and sleep difficulties were completely resolved.
Seizures in a 3-year-old
A 3-year-old had a history of absence seizures (staring into space for about 15-20 seconds). He had up to five seizures a day since age one. After age two he began to have clonic seizures where he would stare off and his arms would quickly jerk back and forth bend at the elbows and go and forth across his body for 15-20 seconds.
He also exhibited self-aggressive behavior when he would hit his head with his fists 5-10 times a day. The parents could not recall any trauma that their son may have experienced in the past however the child was fully vaccinated. Seizures are reported as an adverse effect of vaccination.
A chiropractic examination revealed the patient had an atlas subluxation. The child received a total of 10 spinal adjustments over the eight-week period. After his first adjustment, he experienced only two clonic seizures per day. At eight weeks, his parents reported that their son was having one absence seizure every other day (down from five a day) and his self-aggressive behaviors had stopped altogether.
Scoliosis is a 5-year-old
A 5-year-old girl with thoracolumbar (mid and lower back) scoliosis began chiropractic care. In addition to scoliosis, she suffered from poor sleep and headaches.
The child’s spine was analyzed; vertebral subluxations were located in her cervical (neck). She received adjustments to eliminate the subluxations.
Twenty-eight days after beginning care, her thoracolumbar scoliosis decreased from 130 degrees to 00 degrees. The patient received no traction, nor did she perform any corrective exercises. There was also a reduction in headaches and an improvement in sleep.
Breastfeeding, Other Difficulties, and Chiropractic
13 case reports, 5 articles, and 3 literature reviews were reviewed.
Chiropractic care was reported to help many infant nursing and other difficulties such as problems with latching, reflux, regurgitation, poor sleep, excessive gas, vomiting, refusal to nurse, cranial plagiocephaly, and torticollis, excessive crying.
Difficulty with breastfeeding and infant digestive and other issues affect all socioeconomic groups and cultures. Chiropractic care provides numerous benefits for an infant’s health as well as for the mother in the long and short-term.
Difficulty conceiving a child
A 29-year-old woman with a 3-year history of infertility began chiropractic care. She had failed attempts with intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilization. She had taken estrogen modulators for 5 months clomiphene citrate (Clomid) with no success. Additionally, she reported experiencing 3-4 headaches per week. She had been in a major car accident five years prior.
Vertebral subluxations were found at different segments in the spine. Adjustments were made at the sites of vertebral subluxations. During the course of the first two months of care, her headaches resolved. After a later visit to an obstetrician, her pregnancy was confirmed. Vertebral subluxations were adjusted throughout the remainder of her pregnancy, and she was able to have a successful vaginal birth.
After multiple failed conventional medical treatments, 16 chiropractic adjustments over a span of 55 days resulted in a once-infertile female being able to conceive a child and carry the baby to term.
Do you know someone with any of these issues?
Please encourage them to make an appointment with us!
- Ng K. Resolution of Hearing Loss, Improved Speech & School Performance Following Chiropractic Management of Vertebral Subluxations in a Male Child: A Case Study. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health Chiropractic, Volume 2018. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic ~ July 16, 2018 ~ Pages 77-83
- Bryant B, Alcantara J. Resolution of Chronic Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Constipation in an Infant Following Chiropractic to Reduce Vertebral Subluxation: A Case Report & Review of the Literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic ~ November 19, 2019 ~ Pages 129-133. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health Chiropractic, Volume 2019
- Sigmon P, Hudson M, Alcantara J. Reduction of Seizures & Self Aggression Following Chiropractic Care to Reduce Upper Cervical Subluxation in a 3-Year-Old Male: A Case Study & Review of the Literature, J. Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research – April 5, 2018 p. 13-18
- From Wealth Weekly by Tomas McFie, DC. https://wealthweekly.substack.com/p/inherent-dangers-hidden-in-indexed?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email
- Hansen ML, Gunn PW, Kaelber D. Underdiagnosis of hypertension in children and adolescents. JAMA. 2007;298(8):874-879.
- Schatz IJ. Cholesterol and all-cause mortality in elderly people from the Honolulu Heart Program: a cohort study. Lancet. 2001;358(9279):351-355.
- Dr. Marcia Angell, NY Review of Books, January 15, 2009, “Drug Companies & Doctors: A Story of Corruption.”
- Cooper J. Resolution of Pediatric Thoracolumbar Scoliosis Using the Pierce Result System: A Case Report. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health Chiropractic, Volume 2022 Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic ~ September 19, 2022 ~ Pages 75-85
- Dalton M. Resolution of Breastfeeding Difficulties Following Chiropractic Care: A Review of the Literature. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health Chiropractic, Volume 2023 Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic. January 16, 2023 ~ Pages 1-6
- Ebert C, Brettingen P. Resolution of Infertility Following Subluxation Centered Chiropractic Care: A Case Study and Selective Review of Literature Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic ~ March 12, 2018, Pages 1-6