Good Health is Easy; Sickness Takes Work
You are the product of hundreds of generations of strong, healthy, intelligent ancestors. Think about it-every one of your many ancestors needed to be healthy to live long enough to at least reach puberty; every ancestor needed to be attractive enough to find a mate; every ancestor needed to be smart enough to survive in this difficult world and be able to raise heirs.
You have inherited a wonderful body designed to keep you going for (believe it or not) over a hundred years in perfect physical and mental health.
But it doesn’t always seem that way. A lifetime of physical, mental and chemical stress can weaken us and cause our bodies to malfunction. One of the most serious forms of stress you can have in your body is the subluxation.
What is a Subluxation?
A subluxation is a tiny distortion in your spine that causes nerve damage. Subluxations create disharmony in your body, a precondition for sickness and disease of all kinds. Subluxations have been linked to internal organ weakness as well as abnormal stress on your muscles, cartilage and discs. Subluxations have also been linked to arthritis, spinal degeneration, lowered resistance to disease, premature aging, loss of height, unbalanced posture, weakness and pain.
Often Unnoticed for Years
Most people have subluxations and don’t know it since they are often painless; you may suffer from them for years before symptoms appear. However, all the while your health is deteriorating.
Doctors of Chiropractic specialize in locating and correcting subluxations, releasing this deep stress that has been interfering with your ability to function at your best, to heal at your best, to think at your best.
Chiropractic promotes balance, resistance to disease and improved function. That is why you’ll find people with all kinds of health conditions in a chiropractor’s office.
Chiropractic is not just about helping us when we get sick. Chiropractic promotes wellness, wholeness and optimal function. Chiropractic patients report improved physical and emotional health, less stress and more enjoyment of life. (1-7).
- Meade TW, Dyer S et al. Randomised comparison of chiropractic and hospital outpatients management for low back pain results from extended follow up. BMJ. 1995;311:349-351.
- Blanks RHI, Schuster TL, Dobson M. A retrospective assessment of network care using a survey of self-rated health, wellness and quality of life. JVSR. 1997;1(4):1-17.
- Marino MJ, Phillippa ML. A longitudinal assessment of chiropractic care using a survey of self-rated health wellness & quality of life: a preliminary study. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research. 1999;3(2):1-9.
- Owens EF, Hoiriis KT, Burd D. Changes in general health status during upper cervical chiropractic care: PBR Progress Report. Chirop Res J. 1998;5(1):9-16.
- Hoiriis KT, Owens EF, Pfleger B. Changes in general health status during upper cervical chiropractic care: a practice-based research project. Chirop Res J. 1997;4(1):18-26.
- Gedinab F, Danski FG, Egmared T et al. Patient-reported improvements of pain, disability, and health-related quality of life following chiropractic care for back pain – a national observational study in Sweden. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies. 2019;23(2):241-246.
- Coulter ID et al. Study associates chiropractic with better health in the elderly. Topics in Clinical Chiropractic. 1996:3(2):46-55.