This Loaded Summer Vegetable and Black Bean Salad is a perfect way to use all that fresh summer produce that needs to be eaten! It’s great as a side dish or with chips!
Ingredients for Vegetable Salad with Black Beans
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans,
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Black Pepper
Directions for Vegetable Salad with Black Beans
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil and diced zucchini and summer squash. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender and browning, 10 minutes. Let cool for about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the cooled zucchini and squash, black beans, corn and all the remaining veggies.
- Top with 2 teaspoons olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until everything is combined. Enjoy with as a dip for chips or as a side dish!
If you’re making this salad ahead of time, wait until serving to add the avocado. Salad will stay good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.