Garlic Parmesan Yellow Squash Chips
A healthy snack or appetizer that is incredibly flavorful, crispy, and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients for squash chips
- 4 yellow squash (small to medium), sliced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray (I use Organic Olive Oil by Pam)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Dip slices of squash in cheese mixture and coat on both sides, pressing on the coating to stick.
- Place the squash in a single layer on the previously prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray each slice with cooking spray. This will help with achieving a crunchier texture.
- Bake for 10 minutes; rotate pan and continue to bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chips are golden brown.