SHEET PAN DINNERS: THIS IS MY NEW FAVE WAY TO COOK SUPPER!
I mean, what’s not to like? They’re easy and quick to prepare; they’re a one pot (or, in this case, sheet pan ) meal and they’re incredibly versatile.
- First, choose your veggies : we always recommend going with what’s in season. So, during the fall, you could go with pumpkin, butternut squash, sweet potatoes… For winter Kale, chard, cauliflower, parsnips…For spring, you can choose asparagus, beets, fresh peas… And corn, eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes for summer.
- Next, choose your protein: we go for vegan and vegetarian options, such as tofu, tempeh, chickpeas, vegetarian sausages, veggie chicken, seitan, etc. For this recipe, we used canned chickpeas.
- Then, select a flavor profile: In the mood for Mexican? Try chili powder, cumin, chili lime or taco seasoning. Love Middle Eastern flavors? You’ll love using za’atar, sumac. For a Moroccan flare, go with harissa, cumin and turmeric. Asian? Use Teriyaki sauce, ginger and soy.
- Next step, choose your liquid: we love adding balsamic vinegar or lemon juice for a touch of acidity, and soy sauce and coconut aminos for a balance of sweetness and saltiness. These liquids will also add moisture and help infuse flavor into the veggies as they cook..
- After you have chosen all your ingredients, place the veggies and protein on a sheet pan, lined with parchment.
- Combine your salt (as much or as little as you want), seasoning and liquid, pour it on the veggies, and toss everything together.
- And for the final step, bake at 400F for 30 minutes.