- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 bay leaves, divided (optional)
- water to cover
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, or to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- Place lentils and 1 bay leaf in a saucepan with enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes; drain and discard bay leaf. Rinse with cold water until lentils cool and transfer to a large bowl.
- Bring 2 cups water, quinoa, and remaining bay leaf to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse quinoa with cold water until cool, discarding bay leaf. Stir quinoa into lentils.
- Heat lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave until warm, about 30 seconds. Stir honey into juice until dissolved. Add vinegar and salt; whisk in olive oil and season with black pepper. Pour lemon juice mixture into lentils and quinoa.
- Mix walnuts, cranberries, feta cheese, and green onion into lentil and quinoa salad. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.