10 Reasons Parents Take Healthy Children To Chiropractors
Some adults may wonder why more and more children are starting to see chiropractors. That’s a good question and the answer is simple: whether we have a large spine or a tiny little spine, if that spine is creating nerve distress then our magnificent bodies may not operate smoothly.
The nervous system is the ‘Master Controller’
The nervous system is the master controller of our body and if its communication channels become fuzzy, distorted or damaged then we experience all sorts of communication errors. For babies and children, this ineffective communication may play out as colic or irritability, an inability to suckle and breastfeed, poor sleep, developmental delays, digestion issues, asthma, behavioural problems, low energy, inability to concentrate, headaches, etc – the list is endless. In fact, regardless of what the end result or symptom may be, all roads lead back to the body’s ability to self-regulate and function at a peak level.
While chiropractic may be able to help with a number of health issues, our focus is not treating or curing ailments; our focus is ensuring the nervous system has every opportunity to work efficiently and effectively.
10 reasons parents take their children to see chiropractic may help:
- To maximise their child’s neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
- To enhance their child’s overall health and wellbeing.
- To strengthen immunity and reduce the incidence of colds, ear-aches and general illness.
- To help with colic and Irritable Baby Syndrome.
- To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies.
- To improve spinal posture.
- To improve their child’s ability to concentrate.
- To assist with behavioural disorders and enhance emotional wellbeing.
- To help alleviate digestive problems.
- To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues.
Your child’s health is their greatest asset. In our household we utilise the skill and knowledge of homeopaths, Chinese medicine practitioners, chiropractors (obviously) and wellness-oriented physicians. I urge you to explore all possibilites you have to strengthen your child’s health.