Yoga is the name of an ancient practice that helps create a state of union in all aspects of ourselves: in Body, Mind and Spirit. People have been practicing yoga for thousands of years in the East and about the last 100 years here in the West.
The art of moving into poses (asanas) is the most commonly known form of Hatha (balance) yoga. As you practice yoga, you will become aware of your breath and the workings of your body and mind.
The best news for all interested people is that yoga meets you where you are, so relax and know that you can do yoga.
Yoga at The Center follows a style called Iyengar, in which there is a fair emphasis on alignment, hands on contact, the use of props to ensure maximum benefit from the poses and some partner work. All of this allows you to experience “the full fragrance” of the poses, regardless of the level you are at. There is NO competition in yoga and each and every class deals with you, the individual, at the moment in time that you are on the mat.
The time you spend in class is a gift to yourself. This is a time to be quiet, to allow you to get to know your body better and to work with others of like mind. The benefits of yoga go far beyond the stretching, meditation and relaxation time spent on the yoga mat.
This is not a rigid format class…rather we strive to have fun as we venture along the road of Discovery. Yoga is not a striving to reach the end point, but rather a journey of discovery and we welcome you on this exciting trip.
Yoga Class Times and Information
5:00pm – 6:30pm
12 noon – 1:00pm
7:00pm – 8:30pm
9:00am – 10:30am
Drop in fee is $8.00
Monthly fee is $40.00
Punch cards are available $70
for 10 classes
(and 1 bonus class when the card is full)
(can be shared within a family/ with a friend)
Just some basic “rules”:
• Try to be in class 5-10 minutes before class time.
• Do not, for your own comfort, eat a large meal less than 3 hours b4 class (A light fruit snack 1 hour b4 is ok.)
• Please avoid wearing heavy perfume.
• Limit jewelry to absolute basics.
• Limit use of hand/foot lotion immediately before class.
• Please tell your instructor of any health issues that you may be dealing with so that the necessary adjustments can be made in the class.
• Always bring a mind that is open to all possibilities…you never know what you might end up doing in class!