If we could shrink the earth’s population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like the following.
There would be:
- 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western Hemisphere, 8 Africans
- 52 would be female, 48 would be male
- 70 would be non-white, 30 would be white
- 70 would be non-Christian, 30 would be Christian
- 6 would possess 59% of the entire world’s wealth and all 6 would be from the USA
- 80 would live in substandard housing
- 70 would be unable to read
- 50 would suffer from malnutrition
- 1 would be near death, 1 would be near birth
- 1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
- Only 1 would own a computer!!!!
When one considers our world from such a small compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly apparent.
The following are also some things to ponder…
- Someone once said: What goes around comes around. Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching. Sing like nobody’s listening. Live like it’s Heaven on Earth.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
- To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart.
- Anger is only one letter short of danger.
- Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
- He who loses money, loses much; He, who loses a friend, loses much more; He, who loses faith, loses all.
- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art.